.∙*∙.♫∙*∙.♪..∙*∙-._.♥∙-*·♪..∙*∙♫.-*∙.

Monday, March 21, 2011

Circles

Today I was going to post something about my amazing trip to Texas, but I don't have all the photos put together yet and to be honest... it's just been "one of those days". To give you an idea here's my morning thus far and it's not even 10am.
Wake up at 7am to the first official day of Hunter's spring break to discover the sky is an ominous gray color and the clouds keep leaking water. :( Another day spent cooped up inside. I change 2 diapers and attempt to make everyone breakfast. One wants waffles, one wants crackers, one wants milk. I make 2 bowls of cereal for the older one's and a bottle of milk for the little one. Middle one wants nothing to do with his bowl of cereal, except to splatter the milk on the table and floor, the little one now is disinterested in his bottle because apparently it's not the perfect temperature of 100.1 degrees. I pop an english muffin in the toaster and pour myself a cup of coffee and decide more carbs are necessary and pour myself a bowl of cereal, too. Just as I add the milk, the older one wants another bowl of cereal and the little one is now very unhappy with his breakfast option. I rewarm the milk, pour out some dry cereal on his food tray and get another bowl of cereal for the big guy. He quickly throws a fit at the selection of his cereal and refuses to eat it, leaving it on the counter. By this time my own cereal is a soggy slop and my coffee is cold. I drink half the cup, choke down the cereal and give the english muffin to Grady.
It's now 8:00am. I watch a little of the morning news, catch a story about a 4 year old boy that suffers from a near death experience resulting from a ruptured appendix and describes his encounters in heaven after being escorted there by angels. He talks of things he could only know if what he says is true- like how he sat on the lap of Jesus and listened to his dad's prayers while he himself was in surgery. He describes in detail his great great grandfather that meets him in heaven and also of his sister that his mother miscarried before he was born (that he was never told about). All of this brings me to tears, remembering our own ectopic pregnancy and believing that I may have a daughter waiting for me in heaven. I make a note to look for and purchase this book, Heaven is for real by Todd Burpo.
The kids are now playing amongst themselves so I take the opportunity to jump in the shower, asking Hunter to keep an eye on the wee ones. Time: 8:40am. While in the shower and washing my hair I hear Grady outside of the bathroom door screaming. I get out of shower to discover he had emptied the contents of the diaper bag all over the mudroom. I clean that up, check on the older boys and then retreat to my room once again to blow dry my hair and put on my make up. I come out of room and see that Grady is on top of the coffee table, up to his wrists in my half empty coffee cup. Coffee is all over the table, floor and a book I'm borrowing from a friend. (Sorry, Joy!) I grab him, clean up the mess and in the process see that my fresh white shirt is now splattered with brown coffee. :( Back into the laundry. I get a new outfit out for Grady (and fresh diaper), clean up another water spill on the floor, take any and all cups & bowls to the counter in the kitchen and search for a new shirt... and pants I'm still in my underwear.
Somewhere between breakfast and my shower I remember noticing the bathroom door was left open and found Grady giddy splashing in the toilet water. Hunter helps remove him from the bathroom and closes the door.
Logan is now asking for crackers, since he didn't do much but play with his bowl of cereal. I pour out some crackers and scour my room for clean clothes. Not two minutes later I hear screaming... Logan has accidently dumped his sippy cup full of water all over him and the chair. I clean him up, change his clothes & diaper and mop up the mess.
Time 9:40am? Not sure... I make a phone call and then sit down at the table, Logan tries to rejoin me at the table but the seat is still wet. He's still thirsty so he reaches for a bottled water. I open the lid and give him a sip... yah, you can see it coming. He squeezed the middle of the bottle making it fold in half dumping out the top portion all down the front of him, once again he, the floor, table and chair is covered in water. He's screaming, I'm at my wit's end and it's not even 10am. Logan's about to get into his 3rd outfit. Grady is now cranky and ready for his morning nap. Hunter is still in his jammies and I forgot to give him his allergy meds and refill his daily vitamin container. I'm hoping before noon I will have the 2 little boys down for a nap and I will locate my pants. Then it's time to entertain the big one and clean the house.
Oh... and then there's that prescription that needs to be picked up. That's always a daunting task with all 3 kids. I wonder if I'll ever travel with all the kids without anxiety or panic attacks.  (As I'm typing this I have both the little kids clamoring over my legs and clawing at my arms to pull themselves up into may lap. Really I know they want nothing to do with me, but more the laptop and cell phone on the table.)
I should get back to the kids before another tragedy strikes. I feel like all I do is run around in circles jumping from one unfinished task to another... that reminds me- did I finish drying the back of my hair?
I am seriously considering installing airplane jump seats into one of the walls in my house, just so that I can immobilize the kids while they are eating, while I attempt to shower or so that I can clean the house.
**oh great.... Jared just informed me they are now attempting to enter spray season with the chance of frost control, which means he will be working "until the job is done" not stopping right at 4p and possibly working full days Saturday which means half day Sunday's are just around the corner. Ugh, husband working 7 days a week is hard on him and us!**
This news also makes me feel really guilty being frustrated about my tactical domestic issues when he's outside standing in a muddy hole up to his waist in the pouring rain... perspective!

5 comments:

  1. Oh Jamie, I can relate to this all to well. The life of a farmer's wife...and the insanity in between.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man to be honest it is kinda funny it make you want to say ''for real? what else can go wrong'' but yet that may jinks you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most of the time I read your blogs and I'm like, "HOW DOES SHE DO ALL THIS WITH THREE BOYS!?!?!" And I just think you're the most superwoman every alive. (Which you are, by the way). Then when I get to read a blog like this, it helps me relax a little and think, "Ok, Superwoman has rough days with multiple outfit changes, spills, tears, and flailing babies too..." Thank God. Because I only have one baby boy and can't do what you do...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You HAVE to read "Heaven is for Real"!!! I finished it in a few short days and have passed it along to 3 different people who all finished it within one week COMBINED! It is an amazing story and you will LOVE IT!

    Great post, btw...I can relate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jaime I laughed so hard at this one - I love your amazing perspective and energy!! Glad to get to know you and have someone who can totally relate to my kid craziness!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you