.∙*∙.♫∙*∙.♪..∙*∙-._.♥∙-*·♪..∙*∙♫.-*∙.

Monday, November 7, 2011

Tie one on!

Hey everyone! Long time no see! I have really been meaning to get you all caught up on the latest happening's in the Brown household... but alas, that's what facebook is for! Ha ha

But, I see the light at the end of our tunnel though. This is Jared's last week (in fact, tomorrow may his last day!!) of HARVEST! EEEP! I'm so excited I can hardly contain myself. Jared has been working Saturdays since February.  In May at the start of summer he had to irrigate "water" the orchards every morning & evening at 5am & 5pm and again at 8am & 8pm seven days a week. (Good bye last minute weekend get-a-ways!) In July, when they needed to start cooling in afternoons, he started working Sunday's too. And, he has pretty much been working half day's Sunday ever since. (Half =7am-2pm)  Luckily as the trees were harvested his watering duties lessened, so much so that he hasn't had any water the last month. Let's just say this Mama is ready to have Daddy back in the picture! So, after an upcoming week of Elk hunting to commemorate the end of the season, Daddy will be back on duty. Which, hopefully means Mommy will get a little more time to do blog updates!

So, tonight I was browsing the web in search of some fabulous christmas stocking patterns. (For the last 3 years I've been on a search for the "perfect" stockings and now that I know- beyond a shadow of a doubt that our family of 5 is complete- it's time to create them!) When all of a sudden I stumbled upon this great Thanksgiving idea! Ooh I'm so excited to share this idea with you! 
*           *
Let me preface this by saying, I LOVE APRONS. It's been a little {not so} secret obsession of mine these past 5 years. I have a collection started and once in a while a close friend or family member who knows my {secret} gives me a new one for my birthday or Christmas. My most recent addition was an adorable black satin LBD with a pretty strand of pearls attached around the neck. Adorable! It's my cocktail hour apron. I try not to cook anything messy in it, because, well it's far too fancy. It's perfect for serving appetizers or prepping last minute things for a party though. Like, prepping for Logan & Addyson's fancy ties & tutu's party! {Post to follow soon!}Then there's my go to apron, my first. I know exactly when & where my obsession started. I was in Seattle for a hair show and we were shopping downtown and I went into my first ANTHROPOLOGIE store. Most of the items were way out of my price range so I went to the clearance rack upstairs in the corner... as I pawed through the racks my fingers lingered on this pretty  skirt with attached belt, it took me a minute to realize it was an apron... it was so adorable and just the right price so I bought 2!  I also love the full aprons that from the front look just like a 50s housewife's dress or an adorable little ensemble. I feel so official in the kitchen with my pretty aprons. I'm sure if you ask Jared he'd agree, some of my best meals happen while wearing one of my aprons.

So, back to my point... tonight, I stumbled upon this!

It's a chance to give back with aprons! November 23rd I invite you to join me in celebrating this amazing opportunity by donating a handmade (or purchased) apron along with a homemade baked goody {don't cheat here} to someone in need. Doesn't that sound like fun?
Now I just have to decide who to share this special treat with!
Because every woman deserves to feel like super woman in the kitchen with her cape wrapped delicately around her waist.
Join me?

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness how much fun would that be. Like you said superwoman in a cap with her super power. LOVE IT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved reading your post! And what a great idea. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you