.∙*∙.♫∙*∙.♪..∙*∙-._.♥∙-*·♪..∙*∙♫.-*∙.

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Pad Thai Recipe

This is for mspi mama :)

Vegetarian Phad Thai
•2/3 cup chili sauce (sweet chili sauce by Maggi Taste of Asia)
•1/4 cup packed brown sugar
•2 Tbsp water
•2 Tbsp fish sauce
•1 1/2 tsp grated peeled fresh ginger
•1 tsp chopped seeded serrano chile *optional
1/2 pound wide rice stick noodles (banh pho)
4 tsp vegetable oil, divided
1 (12.3 oz) package extra firm tofu, drained & cut into 1/2" cubes
2 large egg whites
1 large egg
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups fresh bean sprouts
3/4 cup diagonally cut green onions
1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro, divided
1/3 cup coarsely chopped dry-roasted peanuts
6 lime wedges for garnish & extra flavor

combine first 6 ingredients; set aside.

Cook noodles in boiling water 5 minutes or until translucent and tender but slightly firm. Drain and rinse with cold water; drain well.

Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add tofu; cook 7 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. (Season lightly.)Remove from pan.

Combine egg whites and egg, stirring well with a whisk.

Heat 2 teaspoons vegetable oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and saute for 10 seconds. Add egg mixture and cook for 30 seconds or until soft-scrambled, stirring constantly. Stir in chili sauce mixture and noodles; cook for 2 minutes. Stir in tofu, bean sprouts, onions and 1/4 cup cilantro and cook 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated.

Sprinkle 1/4 cup cilantro, peanuts and a squeeze of lime evenly over each serving of noodle mixture. Serve with extra lime wedges.

2 comments:

  1. Looks so yummy, Jamie! I wish I could eat it! I thought JD had grown out of his problems with soy, but I found out the hard way that he hadn't ... yucky diapers, unhappy boy. No fun! Eat some for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, Jamie! This recipe is awesome! My husband and I devoured it. I made it with chicken but was thinking shrimp would be really good, too. Thanks again for sharing. Yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you