.∙*∙.♫∙*∙.♪..∙*∙-._.♥∙-*·♪..∙*∙♫.-*∙.

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Rough week and it's only tuesday.

Yesterday was my first exam appt. (TMI I'm sure) Anyways, what we found out is that it doesn't look like I'll be going into labor naturally in the near future. Which is good seeing how I'm still 36 weeks. The plan is to wait until around 38 weeks and then induce. Woo Hoo, I am sooo ready! I am so uncomfortable. It hurts to walk, it hurts to sit, it hurts to sleep, it hurts to eat... need I go on? Oh and another thing the doctor mentioned was that this baby seems to have a lot of "girth" to it judging by it's strength of movements and just feeling it through my belly. Great! A ten pounder!

Also, yesterday, we discovered our little white chihuahua, Papi had been run over.
Jared gave him a nice burial up at the top of Fuji, just past the orchards. Rest in peace li'l guy. I think I've taken it the hardest (gotta be the surging hormones) Hunter took it really well, I made a batch of brownies which definitely helped. (More me than him, I'm sure.) But, then today as I was putting Logan down for a nap in the recliner I heard Hunter go back to his room and start sobbing. When I was able to get back to him I asked what was wrong and he just cried, "someone ran over my dog, Papi!" Poor guy... I cried with him. Unfortunately, these things happen. I told Jared, No more chihuahua's! Too fragile & tiny for this country life. Luckily, Hunter still has his original dog, Lola. She's ever the resilient one and we'll be sure to be more careful with her this winter using the newly built kennel.

Then, this afternoon I was downstairs with Logan, he had a sippy cup in one hand and a domino in the other and was attempting to climb onto the stairs from the side and something went amiss and he ended up splitting his lip open in the process. I didn't see how it went down exactly just heard the screaming and saw the mass amounts of blood pooling from his mouth. Needless to say I panicked sent a quick "911" text to Jared and headed to the walk in clinic. Once he calmed down and let me apply enough pressure it stopped bleeding and though he has 2 holes where his teeth went into the inside of his lip, he'll be ok. Just a big fat lip that will be black with a bruise tomorrow. The nurse said even if his teeth are loose they may tighten up on their own since they haven't descended all the way down from his gums yet. I guess it's a good thing he's a late bloomer in the teeth department.

Today was my Grandma's MRI. She discovered she has breast cancer at her last mammogram. We've been sending up a lot of prayers for her and for Jared's Dad, Ron, who was diagnosed with prostate cancer just before the holidays. He plans to start treatment in March 2010. We won't know about Grandma's treatment options until she meets with her doctor later this week. All we know is whatever the treatment options, we want both of them to be around for as long as possible! Love you guys!!

Jared & I have plans to go to Seattle for New Year's Eve to witness two dear friends nuptials. But, word is there's a big snow storm coming in. Bah! I really am ready to get out of town, witness the New Year ring in with fireworks off the Space Needle, with the love of my life at my side and this little bun in my oven. I hope all goes smoothly. Another perk to leaving town is we'll get to stay at our cousin's house John & Kim and FINALLY see their baby, Chace! I've been anxious to squeeze him since he arrived 7 weeks early on August 7th, 2009. (Missed my bday by one day!)
Oh... and I'm looking forward to do a little shopping on the way up and back. ;o)
I hope everyone has a wonderful New Year's Eve! I know we are looking foward to 2010!!

2 comments:

  1. So did you find a babysitter?? Are you coming for sure!?!? AHHH!! I'm so so sorry about Papi. :( Remind me to tell you all about the RAINBOW ROAD! muah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm so sad to hear about Papi. I'm sorry! I hope you are all doing OK. And I hope you got to go to Seattle. Love you, James!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you