.∙*∙.♫∙*∙.♪..∙*∙-._.♥∙-*·♪..∙*∙♫.-*∙.

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year!

We were so fortunate to be able to get out of town when we did! We were planning on driving up New Year's Eve to Seattle to attend a wedding, but at the last minute we decided to leave late Wednesday night because we heard a snow storm was coming. Good thing we did! Luckily, my parents were able to keep the boys overnight and my Grandparents were able to watch them Thursday until my mom got off work. THANK YOU! We drove to Woodinville to stay with Jared's cousin John, his wife Kim and their adorable 5 month old, Chace. We didn't arrive until after midnight, so it was a very late night and we were grateful they left the light on for us at Chateau Ellertson. They are amazing hosts and if you ever have the opportunity to stay with them, do!! The next morning we were able to have a glorious breakfast and meet the ever happy, Chace. I have to admit I got quite a few wide dimple-cheeked smiles from him. None that I fully captured on film, though.

Thank you so much Kim & John for opening your home to us! And, THANKS to John & Jared for watching Chace; Kim & I were able to go shopping for a few hours! Woo Hoo!

Look at that precious little boy!

He is bright-eyed & bushy tailed in the morning!

That night we packed up our stuff and headed to Seattle for the New Year's Eve extravaganza that was Aaron & Lexi's beautiful wedding. It was fun to ring in the New Year with friends and a view of the fireworks off the Space Needle. It was so perfect! The bride was beautiful, the groom was dapper and everyone was grateful to be a part of their special day.


They served delicious hors d'oeuvres and everyone danced through to the new year. Yes, even this baby mama got out on the dance floor! It was funny to see the look on people's faces, watching me, 9 months pregnant, try to cut a rug!
Below is a picture of Jared's Oregon State University friends that made it to the wedding just after the countdown to 2010.

The reception went until 1am, but we left around 12:30am to drive down to Puyallup to stay with Jared's brother, Eric & his wife Becca. Another VERY late night of checking into our B&B. Little Miss Ava Jane gave up her pretty pink room for us to sleep in and it was fit for a princess! I had a very comfortable night of (much needed) sleep. My poor feet were swollen & achy from all that dancing. (I think it was the song "Cotton-Eyed Joe" that did me in.)
On New Year's Day we decided to stay one more night because the snow storm wasn't quite finished dumping freezing rain over the pass. So, once again, a big thank you to Eric & Jared who took the kids to Cabela's, so Becca & I could have a couple hours to shop till we dropped- and drop I did! I swear this baby is sitting lower after all we did this weekend. =) Afterwards we went back to the house, took a long nap and then the adults went to dinner & a movie. We saw Avatar in 3D and I would highly recommend seeing it at a 3D theater! Words cannot describe how indescribable this movie is! James Cameron's imagination ran wild and he was able to seamlessly bring this movie together in such brilliant color & vivid splendor. It's effects are jaw dropping and sooo leaps ahead of any other movie as far as CG capabilities go... all I can say is WOW!
Now, we are back home & we missed our precious boys so much! I swear they grew an inch while we were gone! Logan is not just walking- but RUNNING- full speed ahead! Look out!
HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone!! Next up for us- Baby Number Three!!! I am so excited to meet this newest member of our family I can't stand it! I'll keep you posted!~

1 comment:

  1. What a great post! Love the details, love the pictures. PLEASE send me some of those of my little man. Precious! And I'm just picturing you and Jared sleeping in Ava's pink room... :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you