Tomorrow morning my Grandmother goes in for her first dose of chemotherapy for her treatment of breast cancer. It has been a difficult journey for her and our family; from the discovery of her tumor, through surgery & recovery and now on to treatment. Tonight she weighs heavy on my heart and my thoughts and prayers go out to her.
.
This is my prayer...
.
I pray for physical strength to be able to withstand the side effects of treatment, good health and immunity from illness for the duration of your treatments, for courage to stand tall and brace your feet against all fear and doubt, for emotional stamina to be able to withstand the roller coaster of self pity and bravery, victory over the mind games that may play out in your head, wisdom for your doctors that they will know the best plan of attack against the cancer all while preserving your life, self confidence in your new appearance, healing of your body, peace over any apprehension you may feel and a deeper faith in God knowing that He loves & cares for you and will be there beside you to walk this journey with you and carry you when you cannot.
.
I love you and pray you sleep well tonight in His embrace.
Jamie - This prayer says it all!! It is perfect! Thank your for putting into words - what was in my heart! I love you!
ReplyDeleteYour Mama B.
Hey Jamie! I absolutely LOVE the March 18th SHOWER story! That is SO funny! I swear you could be the next ERMA BOMBECK!
ReplyDeleteI just scanned the 'ONE LINERS' tab - and thought you might want to also mention Hunter's 'COMPLOOTER'. =)
Your...
Mama B.