Welcome, Grady Monroe Brown!
Grady was born on Friday, January 15, 2010 at 11:51am.
I was induced at 8am with pitocin and an epideral, then at 9:30am the doctor broke my water. At 11:45am we were ready to go and Daddy announced to the awaiting family that we were going to start pushing. Just before 11:50am Mommy started to push through a contraction, 3 pushes for 10 seconds each and Grady's little head was out, one more push for 10 seconds and he was born!! WOW! I thought for sure he was a she, in fact when I looked between the legs I think I made myself see a girl. But, God had another little man in store for us! He looked smaller than the others and boy was he!
He is our runt, weighing only 8lbs 4oz and 20inches long. A pound and half smaller than Logan and two and half inches shorter! Incredible, here we were worried about having the largest baby yet! He's absolutely adorable. He looks so much like Logan did and I'm sure as the days progress we'll see more similarities between him & his brothers.
He had the cord wrapped around his neck so he was a little purple & fairly quiet for the first 30 minutes or so, but with some oxygen & bolus fluids he was pink & ready to go. Hunter is so excited to have another brother. Logan is unsure of what this little thing is and what it means for him. Daddy has 10 days off and I am so thankful, because Logan is into everything & doesn't understand what "gentle" means. So, Jared runs interference for most of the day.
We are a little overwhelmed by the prospect of 3 children, but we figure that as time progresses it will get easier. Grady is a very content little guy, the usual eat, sleep, poop schedule. Hunter is a huge help & is much more interactive with Grady than Logan. He actually wants to hold him, something he never desired with Logan. You may remember the "He makes me all sweat up" video from the time we had Hunter hold Logan. =)
A friend recently posted a message to me through facebook regarding our destiny of 3 boys.
I loved it!-
"Laurel Starr": I was talking with God about your "boy-sterous" family this morning and it became clear to me that he's entrusted you with three boys because, men of God are harder to come by. He will equip you both to raise Mighty men of God!!!!! =) a HIGH CALLING!"
* * * * * *
Oh & to update you on our name choice, we decided the week before he was born, I was going through the top 500 names just jotting down names or meanings that struck me. Our girl choice was Audrey, which means "Noble Strength", and I loved that. Then I happened to see a meaning for a boy name that said: "Child of Nobility" and it was for Grady. I told Jared about it and he immediately loved it. The next day after work he said, all day long I've thought about that name and I think that is it! And, sure enough, when he was born just looking at him we both felt he was a Grady! Our little baby, Grady!
Oooh I just the quote your friend left on your fb page and got chills up and down my body. SO TRUE. oh Jamie, I'm so glad Jared has 10 days off... I don't know how you do it, but here you are, 3 boys at home and you're blogging. You just amaze me every day! Congrats again!
ReplyDeleteYes you are amazing Momma congrats on the addition!! He is adorable!
ReplyDeleteOH Jamie he is so cute! and you look AMAZING. How do you do it;) Congrats on your boy-sterous family! You guys are awesome. Give Jared a hug for us. PS I love that he is your "runt".
ReplyDelete