.∙*∙.♫∙*∙.♪..∙*∙-._.♥∙-*·♪..∙*∙♫.-*∙.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A day in the life...

This morning I tried to get both babies asleep for their morning nap. Logan has been off his schedule all weekend so I was hoping to get him back on track for his 2 hour morning nap. I had just laid down with both of them groggy in my bed about 8:30a and was thinking I just may pull it off... then Jared came in. He was looking for his wallet of all things, constantly misplaced, and was bumbling around through drawers. I rolled over to ask what he was doing, to which he replied so this is what you do when I'm gone... well that was all Logan needed to hear to perk him up realizing Daddy was home, then Grady quickly followed suit. So much for the morning nap & my opportunity to shower, do my make up and clean house.
Yes, some days I do get the opportunity to lay around with the kids while they nap but, here's what you didn't see.
Logan emptying most of the garbage onto the kitchen floor after I just swept it, him getting into my make up, stealing batteries from the remotes, following me outside while I cleaned off a table & bringing my hairbrush with him and leaving it outside, spilling a bottle of water down the front of him, spilling a glass of water from our night stand, spilling a glass of orange juice on the kitchen table, draining his milk out across the floor, spilling my coffee I had left on the coffee table, stealing Grady's pacifier, waking Grady up, taking things one by one from the pantry and leaving them strategically around the house, attempting to empty the kleenex box, successfully emptying the diaper wipes, spilling his snack bowl of nilla wafers (he ate them off the floor saving me the time of cleaning it up), getting into my nail polish, I changed 2 poopy diapers and a handful of wet ones, got him dressed, fed him lunch, and tried to calm him down after numerous tantrums after reprimanding him for getting into to so much trouble.
Oh, and for the record, he's on my lap right now as I type and is just now going down for his nap. Time 2:15pm leaving me exactly 45 minutes to finish cleaning house and getting myself & Grady ready before I have to run to the store & pick up Hunter from school.
:oP
Luckily, Jared came home for lunch today so I could take a shower without worrying what else Logan was doing in the other room.

3 comments:

  1. If it is any consolation.... I was thinking of you today!!! =) Sorry you missed out on 'quiet' time!! Maybe tomorrow?? Love you! Mama B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could have lent a hand or a lap. A little baby fix would have been nice too! :)

    Let me know if you ever need an extra hand. I'm always willing to help out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, so yesterday I was really tired & frustrated I didn't get the kids down when I wanted.
    I may have been a little harsh on Jared, he's also exhausted & works 3x as hard. AND he's a HUGE help around the house when he's here. I get comments all the time about how "hands on" he is as a dad. I'm very fortunate to have a husband that helps out with the kids as equally as I do. (Not even afraid of cloth diapers!) And I'm sure the comment he made wasn't as much out of judgement, but jealousy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you