.∙*∙.♫∙*∙.♪..∙*∙-._.♥∙-*·♪..∙*∙♫.-*∙.

Monday, August 16, 2010

A picture's worth a 1000 words

Last night we attempted the impossible... a family portrait with all three boys!
I had visions of our family out in a lush green orchard with red delicious apples hanging from the tree; everyone dressed to impress and the boys smiling sweetly like cherubs. What I didn't consider was, first our boys have tendencies for attitude & meltdowns and second we booked it for mid August (before Jared started harvest) during the hottest time of the year in the muggiest of conditions.
Last week the temperature had dropped to a comfortable 80, this week though the mercury has been striving for the top of the thermometer and with the high temps comes cooling waters which meant for soggy orchards (and clothes).  The humidity was uncomfortable and the kids, try as we might, were not cooperating. Logan had had a nap, fed an early dinner, cleaned up & given a coordinating binky (just in case) but even with all of that he was still NOT willing to smile for the camera. Or have anything to do with us for that matter. Poor Jared, he was wrestling him like a wild crocodile for most of the shoot. He got head butted in the lip, kicked in the groin, muddy foot prints on his shirt and sweat on his brow to prove how miserable it was. Hunter was amazing for the first hour or so but then the good behavior started to wear thin. Grady, was his usual mellow self just not as smiley as he can be.
Our photographer, Melissa McFadden, earned every shot. I'm shocked at the few photos I've seen so far, that we actually look, dare I say, like a cute, relaxed, happy family. Ha! If a photo could talk it would say these are rare moments indeed & didn't come naturally! Its amazing how a well timed shutter can capture a glimpse of the sweet spirit within, the one we all know is lurking beneath the tantrums, scowls & tears, the one I hope to document & hang on a wall to remind me, even in the midst of chaos we do have 3 beautiful, adorable, sweet, blue eyed boys!
Here's a sneak peek at some of the photos she has shared with us, the rest should be available next month. Her photos remind me that I have so much to learn when it comes to photography, if the sky's the limit, then I want to be flying with the best of them!

1 comment:

Thank you