.∙*∙.♫∙*∙.♪..∙*∙-._.♥∙-*·♪..∙*∙♫.-*∙.

Monday, May 17, 2010

Grady is 4 months old

Grady rolled over yesterday all on his own. We haven't done a whole lot of tummy time with him. I'm always worried his big brothers will squish him, so I keep him up off the floor as much as possible. But, lastnight we just had Grady so I laid him on the floor next to me and he went from his back to his side then to his tummy. He wasn't too happy with that position so he continued to roll toward me and ended up back on his back. Way to go little guy!
He's such a happy baby. Everyone comments on how easy going he is. He loves to smile & wheeze a happy squeal when he gets really tickled. He sleeps through the night consistently now. He's very patient and he loves to cuddle up tight like a koala bear on your arm. He's trying hard to sit up on his own and loves to just gaze into our faces.
It's crazy how fast he is growing. I now completely understand the obsession with the baby in the family. It goes by so fast, this life we live. And the precious, pure innocence of an infant is so fleeting. I can't get enough of him. I just want to squeeze him & hold him all day. I love to feel the weight of his body on my chest, the rhythym of our breathing synchronizing over time. I love to inhale the smell of his freshly shampooed hair. I treasure the way he wraps his little fingers around mine or when he doesn't want me to put him down, how he subtly grabs a fist full of my hair to keep me close as he sleeps. Oh, baby Grady, I will miss these days!

I know that one day, you will grow up and become independent. At some point you will think hugs & kisses from your Mama are not so cool. And one day, (I hope a long, long time from now) you won't fit in my lap as neatly as you do now. So until then, I plan on scooping you & your brothers up as much as you'll allow. I'm going to kiss you & smoosh your chubby cheeks whenever I want and I'll sneak you into our bed, nuzzled under my chin so I can breathe you in while I sleep.
I love you Grady baby!
~Mama

2 comments:

  1. What an amazing and sweet post! I can't wait to have another little one in my arms. H is no longer a little baby anymore, it really does go by SO fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is even crazy bigger than when we were there a few weeks ago!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you