My boys never cease to make me laugh or at least smile.
These last two instances though had me out right laughing at them.
I'll share Logan's first. Lately he's been getting more and more brave about his surroundings. When he reached the top of stairs, he used to always turn around and go down on his belly, feet first. A few times we've caught him just going for it, usually if there are only 2-3 stairs. He walks off like a stiff legged man, but his balance is getting better so he usually lands on his feet at the bottom. But, I can tell you when he does this it takes our breath away with fear that he's going to trip. He's also been watching his big brother all summer and is now joining in on the bed jumping, couch hopping, ottoman diving, etc. Of course, as any good mom would, I'm warning him to be careful at every turn. That's where this story gets funny. Now when he's about to jump off something he stands up real straight and while raising his arms yells, "CAREFUL!" and down he goes. It makes me laugh, he says it in this tone like you would hear someone yell, "Geronimo!", "In Coming!" or "Cannonball!".
Except it's, "Careful!"
Ok this next story about Hunter, just cracked me up. He woke up this morning and I fixed him his usual breakfast, blueberry waffles, while he was watching his morning cartoons. I sat down on the couch with Grady and about 20 minutes later he comes over to me with this weird look on his face. Here's how the conversation went.
Hunter: "This is what gives you wedgie," but he was pointing to his foot.
(At this point, I could see some creases in his skin from sitting on them. I thought he was meaning, his foot gave him a wedgie.) But, then he said something like, "I can't even feel it."
Hunter: "It's like mute rattling. Even when I hold my feet I don't feel anything. I think when I was stretching that it gave me a wedgie."
By this point I can't even fake a straight face, I'm full on giggling as I ask. I also mention I've never heard of a "wedgie" before and pretend to "wonder what it is" to him outloud.
Me: "Is your foot okay, does it hurt?"
Hunter: "No it just sounds like a wedgie."
I have comedians for kids!
I told the Dr here what Hunter said about his foot and he started cracking up. I just love the description that he uses.
ReplyDelete