.∙*∙.♫∙*∙.♪..∙*∙-._.♥∙-*·♪..∙*∙♫.-*∙.

Sunday, July 18, 2010

My Vintage 30s Birthday Party


Last year, when I actually turned 30, I was pregnant and tired and I wasn't in much of a partying mood with an 8mos old and being 3 months pregnant. I felt 30 was such a big milestone it deserved a big party. So, Jared and I made a deal, we would postpone aging for a year (allowing me to stay in a holding pattern at 29 years) until we could celebrate properly. Flash forward to yesterday, the day my husband co-conspirated with our best friends to throw me a bonafide party in style! It was a vintage themed 1930s party, with everyone dressing up in period clothes. The menu was authentic and so was the music. I loved it!! It was so perfect! I can't thank them enough for making last night so magical.  Join me as I relive the highlights of the night.

I had so much fun dressing up (and internet shopping) for this event. At the last minute we pulled together Jared's outfit based on outfits in our favorite scenes from both River Runs Through It & Legends of the Fall. The only suspenders I could find at Goodwill 2 hours before the party were navy blue. But, they worked!

The hosts for the evening were Andrew & Heather Robinson. They went all out for this party! They transformed their backyard into what looked like a scene from Midsummer's Night Dream.
They also prepared an authentic meal of meat and potatoes with a side of bow tie pasta and corn on the cob. The meat was tri tip steak marinated for 6 hours in Andrew's homemade sauces then slow cooked on the rotisserie. It was melt in your mouth good with just a hint of spicy kick at the end.

Oh & I almost forgot! To finish off the night we gathered around the firepit and roasted s'mores. But, in true form, they created s'mores on steroids. Campfire sized marshmallows the size of your fist, white chocolate infused with coconut melted over a chocolate graham cracker! Ooh yeah! YUM!
Everyone came dressed in the cutest 1930s garb!

Heather (hostess with the mostess) & I.  She is so cute with her cloche hat & shawl.
My friend Audrey, love the blue hat!
One of the prettiest women of the night! Felicia, looked so good in her outfit, we all said she looks like the woman in the movies who's at the train station with her luggage and the man runs after the train to catch her... you know the scene.
All the dashing men. Micah, Jared, Peter, Josh & Andrew.
3 of the guys shaved their facial hair just before the party to sport a slender moustache or just to go baby face clean shaven, like my honey. Such good sports!
The gorgeous girls. Amanda, Zoey, Kaitlin, Audrey, Naomi, Mika, Felicia, Holly, Amber, Jamie & Heather.
Don't they all look fabulous?
Me & Holly hamming it up. (She just had a baby and look how fabulous she is!)
Jared & the ever dapper Micah.
Doesn't Jared remind you of someone... is it the Culligan man? Or the Dutch boy? Someone...
Love these boys!
Heather & Andrew thought of everything, here are some more of the little details.

They made "Pimm's cup's" which is now my new favorite summer drink. It was so refreshing, it was like summer in cup!  Imagine, if you will, cool cucumber spears, sweet strawberries & tart lemons & limes infusing a deliciously refreshing drink of soda & Pimm's. I could have drank a pitcher of it it would be so thirst quenching on a hot afternoon!

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious.
It is the source of all true art and science."
 -Albert Einstein, 1930

And then we danced!

Just dance!



" Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth."

Make a wish!
Heather made me red velvet cupcakes with homemade mascarpone frosting, they were ah-mazing! (I want that recipe, by the way!)
What's left to wish for, when all I ever wanted just came true?!
Sweet Heather, I love this girl!
My loving & thoughtful husband, who knew just what this girl needs!
Thank you!
Audrey, Amanda & Heather
Jamie, Holly & Amber
Candidly posing for the paparazzi! (And, loving every minute of it, of course!)



I feel so loved & cherished by my friends. That was such a fun way to welcome me into the 30-something club...
 30 never looked so good!

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh... I have tears as I read this post, and re-live the evening through the photos. This was such a special night for my beautiful, lovely, bestie Jamie!! I love you, Jamie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had a blast. What a great idea to do a 30's themed party for your 30th birthday.
    You all looked amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you